Sunday, January 27, 2008

Goodbye and Good Riddance, 2007!

Well, Christmas and New Year's have come and gone and I for one am THRILLED that 2007 is OVER!!! The holidays were really hard this year, understandable considering the circumstances. I've managed to survive the first Thanksgiving, Christmas, and birthday without my dad, and as I told a good friend who recently lost his mother, at least we won't have to face that ever again. They say that the firsts are the hardest and I sincerely hope that is true.

Christmas was saved by the constant hilarity that is my 3 year-old daughter, Charlie. Her joy and wonderment makes the hardest days so much sunnier. I was definitely guilty of shop-therapy during the holidays so it took us two days to get all of her gifts opened. But, the funniest part of the day was when my brother showed up (late as usual) and we were all outside with Charlie while she tried out her new Radio Flyer tricycle.

She was starting to enjoy her little ride when her Uncle Chuck drove down the street and parked in front of the house. This is when things got a little bit tricky...you will see what I mean...

Needless to say, she hasn't been very interested in the tricycle since. This is one kid who knows a better deal when she sees one. But alas, a corvette wasn't in the cards for her this Chrismas. A week later (due to inclement weather difficulties) she did get a car of her very own, just like Mom's. Move over Dale Earnhardt, Jr.!!! Happiness is a Chevrolet.

No comments: