Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Keeping Busy, Making Jewelry

Today was a very busy day. I just finished designing an invitation for the annual fundraising gala for my daughter's school, The Parish School. I had to rework the envelope design and get it to the printer before noon today, ugh, what a rush! I've attached an image of the front of the invite and would love to hear your opinions (see below). The theme for this year is Mardi Gras and I was completely unprepared and uninspired because I've never been to Mardi Gras or New Orleans. I found this incredible carnivale mask image on istockphoto.com and it was just perfect.


After my little one went down for her afternoon nap I took some pictures of some earrings that I made the other day. I am really into garnets right now. I can't seem to get enough rhodolite garnet, their stunning rich raspberry color is just scrumptious! I also made three pairs of earrings with some exceptionally pretty rainbow moonstone. I'll post pics of them when I can get enough sunshine to photograph by.



Perfect Pansies Earrings
Pink amethyst faceted nuggets, rhodolite garnet faceted puff rice briolettes, peridot faceted rounds, apatite step cut twisted rondelles, fancy cut citrine flower briolettes, gold-fill wire.

Blackcurrant Earrings
Rhodolite garnet faceted rounds in small and medium sizes, rhodolite garnet microfaceted rondelles, deep berry garnet faceted onion briolettes, and gold-fill chain, wire, and findings.



Grapes & Honey Earrings
Grossular green garnet beads in faceted chicklet shape, microfaceted rondelles, and faceted onion briolettes. Gold-filled wire, chain, and findings.



Autumnal Bouquet Earrings
Smoky quartz step cut faceted ovals, peridot zircon faceted briolettes, fancy carnelian faceted flower briolettes, and gold-filled wire and handmade ear wires.



Carrot Sticks Earrings
Carnelian microfaceted rondelles and long tapered faceted rice briolettes. Gold-filled wire and hand-forged gold-filled ear wires.

Have a safe, happy, and filling Thanksgiving!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your gems and jewelry on Etsy, so it's great that you started a blog of your own. You have such a unique style and great design sense!

Anonymous said...

Your jewelry is amazing. I love the invite...